This is a simple and super tasty chicken pie using mashed potatoes (freshly made or leftover) as a topping.
– What to do with leftover mashed potatoes?
Making chicken pie…yes chicken pie and you do not have to worry about making the crust…this is a way to create a totally new dish using leftover mashed potatoes…
– Why you need to make this pie?
Because it is super delicious and so easy to put together, especially if you have leftover mashed potatoes.
– What else can I add to the chicken?
Be creative, add olives, bell peppers, celery, carrots, peas, mushrooms…as you see you can pretty much add what you crave for…
– Want a creamy filling?
Sure, add cream cheese to the chicken or a touch of fresh cream
– Did I convince you to try this recipe?
Here we go…
- 2 chicken breasts, boiled and shredded
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 2 tomatoes, seeds removed and chopped
- ⅓ – ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- Sat and pepper to taste
- Leftover mashed potatoes or freshly made
- Shredded cheese of your choice, I used mozzarela
In a frying pan add the oil in medium heat, then the garlic and onion, stirring until golden brown.
Add the shredded chicken and sauté for a minute.
Add the tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes are incorporated into the chicken.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Toss the chopped parsley and mix well with the chicken.
Remove from the heat and set aside.
In individual ramekin or oven safe bowl, place a layer of the chicken filling. Then a layer of cheese.
Cover the cheese and chicken filling with mashed potatoes and finally another layer of cheese.
Bake in a preheated oven of 350oF for approximately 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown.
– Looking for more chicken recipes? Check these out!