Care for an easy, simple and nutritious finger food? These mini phyllo cup filled with creamy egg salad with ham not are only cute, they are delicious…and perfect for Easter!
The combination of the creamy egg salad with a bit of ham and the light and crispy phyllo cups are detectable for the palate.
– Why you should try this recipe?
It is the easiest and simplest finger food you can make…and they are so eye catching…
– Can I make my own phyllo cup?
Absolutely, I was just too lazy to make them, so I choose the short cut method, store bought.
– Is that possible to make these in advance?
Yes, by adding a layer of iceberg lettuce in the mini cups before adding the egg salad will keep the phyllo cup fresh and crispy.
– Should we get to the recipe?
Here we go…
- 3 hard boiled eggs
- 2-3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2-3 tablespoons finely cubed ham
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 big iceberg lettuce leaf
- Cilantro leaves, carrot, green peas for garnish
Refresh the phyllo cups by baking them in a 325F preheated oven for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it cool completely.
Scoop the egg from the shell and place in a small bowl.
Using a fork, mash the egg as much as you can. Add the desirable amount of black pepper and the ham. Mix until all the ingredients are blended together.
Cut the iceberg lettuce into small piece and lay gently inside the mini phyllo cup.
Using a mini scooper (1 tablespoon size) scoop the egg salad on the lettuce.
Garnish with cilantro leaf, carrot and or green pea.
Before I forget…
– Looking for more egg recipes? Please check the links below…
Did you know that eggs are considered one of the most nutritious food available? One egg contain in average 77 calories and it is packed with vitamins such as A, B12, B2, B5. Also rich in phosphorus and selenium.