These thin rice noodles are delicious, slightly chewy, springy, and loaded with flavor. Super versatile as you can add whatever you want.
– Why Taiwanese thin rice noodles?
Because they are super well known and they are thinner than the ones made in other countries.
– How the rice noodle is different from the regular wheat noodles?
Rice noodle if cooked correctly are slightly chewy, springy and take in all the flavors added to it. Together with all the ingredients it sure makes a great and easy meal.
– Why Singapore style?
It is Singapore style just because curry powder was added to it but you can omit and add all kind of flavors such as soy sauce, oyster sauce, chicken broth and so on. The noodle will absorb the flavor.
– Are you ready to try on these noodles?
- Taiwanese thin rice noodles (Made in Taiwan)
- ½ lb. pork or chicken
- 4 Chinese sausage
- 1 medium size red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 stalks of green onions
- ½ cabbage, shredded (can substitute for any other vegetable)
- 3 carrots, shredded
- 1-2 tablespoons of curry powder
- 2 eggs, lightly whipped
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro
Follow the instruction on the package of the rice noodle.
Slice the pork or chicken and marinade with soy sauce, oil, pepper, and corn starch. Set aside.
Drain the rice noodles and prepare a wok for cooking.
Fry the eggs and once cooled cut into strips, set aside.
Stir-fry the pork or chicken and set aside.
Stir- fry sausage, and then add red onion, green onion. Set aside.
Stir-fry the vegetables until slightly soften.
Add the rice noodle (well drained) and all the remaining ingredients that was set aside.
Mix gently, add salt, pepper, and curry to your taste
Serve with fresh cilantro.
– If you enjoy this recipe, you might want to check on these…